Our pets experience allergies in very different ways. Most will act itchy and may bite, chew, or scratch themselves raw.
Some even develop a skin rash which can turn into a skin infection. Ear infections and anal gland infections are also very common results of severe allergies. If your pet is shaking his or her head or scooting the bottom, those may be clues that they have allergies.
Dogs and cats can even be allergic to fleas, foods, medications, pollens, or even indoor allergens such as dust mites. We even have patients allergic to human dander.
Ark has a wide variety of tests available to find a cure and treat the uncomfortable itch such as:
- Allergy testing and antigen injections
- Hypoallergenic prescription food
- Flea control and prevention
- Skin cytology, biopsy, and bacterial or fungal cultures
- Laser therapy
- Allergy medications and prescription shampoos to stop itch
- Immunotherapy side-effect free injections