The most common disease every veterinarian sees is dental disease.
Months, or even years of tarter build-up leads to painful gingivitis and often traumatic tooth infections or even fractures. While brushing is the single most important thing you can do to prevent many of these problems, once a problem arises the only treatment is a dental cleaning with possible surgery under anesthesia. Dental procedures without anesthesia are incomplete as they do not allow us to clean below the gums, take x-rays, or use our high-powered scaling instruments. Ark’s dental procedures are comprehensive, safe, and effective:
- Full mouth x-rays
- Top-of-the-line anesthesia equipment and medications
- Pain control using nerve blocks, morphine, and even laser therapy.
We also see a variety of other oral problems including:
- Bad breath
- Puppy retained teeth
- Malocclusions (misaligned teeth)
- Gingivitis (red gums)
- Tooth abscess
- Tooth pain or not wanting to eat
- Boxer gingival hyperplasia
- Oral tumors or growths